Review: Tripel Karmeliet

Review: Tripel Karmeliet by Cody La Bière

The final review of the night. This is a beer I've wanted to try for about 4 months now, every time I planned on buying it, there was something new in stock that persuaded me to try something else.
So now it is time to try Tripel Karmeliet by Brouwerij Bosteels. I've tried their Deus beer before, and loved it (perfect for a beer version of Champagne on New Years Eve).

Appearance: Pours a thick but light golden colour, very reminiscent of Unibroue's La Fin du Monde. The head is a light eggshell colour, but quite white.

Aroma: The aroma is sweet, spicy, and floral, and pine. At first it reminded me of raw hot dogs. Seriously.

Taste: Nice sweet taste, very citrusy and very familiar sort of taste to those who love Belgian beers. I notice a bit of orange, a bit of lemon in it. Pretty light in taste for a decent ABV (8.4%). I noticed that the sweetness reminds me quite a bit of a saison, such as Blonde de Chambly or Urthel Saisonnière.

Overall Thoughts: It's $3.44 before tax, with an ABV of 8.4%. I really enjoy it. It's not an overpowering taste compared to Unibroue's beers, so it's something I could see that potential beer connoisseurs opening up to if they were to give it a try.

www.flickr.com/photos/codyrl/6336030673

No comments: